Syncplicity mobile apps provide a beautiful, 100% native user interface optimized for your iPhone and iPad, and Android phones and tablets (including the Amazon Kindle Fire), Windows 8 Phones, or Windows 8 Tablets (including the Microsoft Surface).
Access and Editing
- Browse and open any file or folder in your Syncplicity account, including shared folders
- "Favorite" files and folders to enable automatic synchronization for offline access
- Receive push notifiications on your mobile device whenever new versions are available (iOS and Android Only)
- Edit files with popular mobile apps like QuickOffice
- Manage files and folders in your entire account – delete, restore, and create
- Go back in time with full access to every file’s previous versions
Sharing and Collaboration
- Wirelessly upload photos and videos taken on your mobile device to any folder
- Stay up-to-date with your News Feed – all events in your account listed in chronological order
- Share any file with anyone over email, SMS, or just copy a web link into the clipboard
- Open and edit files using 3rd party native apps and upload them back to Syncplicity
Security and Control
- Rest easy with end-to-end security – Syncplicity transmits and stores all data encrypted with AES-256 protection
- Remain safe and in control – unlinking your device from your account will reset it and wipe all data stored on it
- Configure Syncplicity to require a 4-digit passcode before it starts up; if the passcode is entered incorrectly 10 times your Syncplicity data will be wiped from the device
- Save bandwidth when you open files – Syncplicity skips re-downloading unchanged files
- View a list of all mobile devices linked to your account on your My Syncplicity portal. Lost or misplaced devices can now be individually unlinked from your account and you can remotely wipe the Syncplicity data.
"The Syncplicity Android App helped me look great in front of a client within hours of downloading it. I was sitting with a client with a hard-copy of an NDA but the client wanted to pass an electronic copy to legal for a quick review. I just accessed the file from Syncplicity on my Droid and sent her a link to the file in an email. My client was impressed, saying 'Wow, now that's agile…'. In today's business environment speed and agility are everything, and Syncplicity for Android helps me access the files I need when it matters most. Even if I don't have access to my work computer or remember ahead of time that I need them."
John M. Johansen, Partner at Agile Technologies, LLC.
Anywhere Access from Your Mobile Devices
Syncplicity users can browse, share and manage all their files and folders from their mobile devices, no matter whether those files are stored on their PC, Mac, or file servers. With Syncplicity, users can gain secure mobile access to any file and folder anytime, eliminating the need to email file attachments or use laptops and VPNs to ensure access to all their files while away from their computers.
Mobile File Management and Content Creation
Syncplicity Mobile Apps enable file management for users on the go. They can create and delete folders, create and upload photos and videos, and view and revert to files’ previous versions. Users can, with one click, upload both new and existing photos and videos taken on their iPhone, iPad or Android device to any of their folders, including folders shared with others. Users who need to quickly share collateral with coworkers, clients, or partners will benefit from this feature the most, as photos and videos wirelessly uploaded from mobile devices appear online right away and synchronize instantaneously to everyone’s computers.
Utilize popular mobile apps like QuickOffice and Documents-to-Go to create and edit documents and then upload them to Syncplicity so those files are synced and accessible to other computers and with colleagues.
Real-time Collaboration and Sharing
To enable effective collaboration, Syncplicity Mobile Apps come with full support for the Syncplicity News Feed. The News Feed, which displays an activity stream of files and folders that a user has access to in their account, notifies users instantly of changes in folders and files they care about, and gives them direct access to all recently created, updated, or deleted files without having to search through a file browser to find them. The News Feed eliminates the need for colleagues to send emails to notify their team of the most recent changes ready for review, and shared Syncplicity folders eliminate the need to email files to colleagues to give them access to those files. Shared Syncplicity folders are automatically synced to all recipients’ computers for easy, universal access.
Syncplicity’s mobile apps also make it easy to share files of any size without needing access to a computer or corporate network. Users can create a Shareable Link, which can be sent via text message (SMS) or emailed to anyone. It can also be copied to a clipboard for use in another application. No more messy email attachments or trips back to the office to send that important file!
Syncplicity raises the bar on versioning with its distinct ability to list and open any past version of any file from their mobile devices. Syncplicity Mobile Apps enables the ability to instantly roll back any file version so it once again becomes the latest, current version of the file. All changes performed on the mobile device are immediately reflected online within a user’s Syncplicity account, and Syncplicity’s synchronization technology immediately syncs those changes to the user’s computers. No matter where a user accesses their files, they are always assured of having the right version.
Mobile Security for iOS, Android, and Windows 8
Control and security are cornerstone features of the Syncplicity iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows 8 new UI apps. All data – including metadata and data cached on mobile devices– is always transferred and stored encrypted using AES-256. Syncplicity will keep users logged in by default, but for additional security users can configure the app to require a username and password every time it starts up. iPhone users have the additional option to set an access code and automatically disable Syncplicity on their iPhone and wipe their Syncplicity files if there are too many invalid attempts to access their files.
Unlike other mobile access apps, Syncplicity enables users to unlink their mobile device from their Syncplicity account and “remotely wipe” all cached data at any time by simply logging into their account and initiating a remote wipe. This means that if a device is ever lost or stolen, any data associated with a Syncplicity account will be protected with at-rest encryption and can be remotely wiped by either the user or IT.